Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Human Pin Cushions

Well today wasn't the greatest day I've ever had. Starting at oh-dark-thirty (5:30) we gathered for a "movement". Basically they move the group somewhere. Not the other kind. Anyways..... First stop was CIF, Central Issuing Facility. Here we picked up our TA50 gear. This is our body armor. Why do I need a -30 sleeping bag on Kuwait again? So 2 hours, and 60 pounds later, we move to the medshed. Here they process your medical and dental records to make sure you're deployable. I have to give these folks credit. They move 450+ people a week through the system.
Medshed took about 6 hours. But in the end, I only needed 3 more vaccinations. Small pox, Anthrax and Twinrix (HEP A/B). I was lucky because I'd already had most of the required shots. But some guys ended up feeling like this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment